This amazing egg roll in a bowl recipe is stovetop or Instant Pot ready and on the table in minutes!
Featuring a blend of juicy ground pork and crispy coleslaw all tossed in a tangy ginger soy sauce, this dish offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is SO Easy!
- This super easy egg roll recipe is ‘deconstructed’ so there’s no rolling or frying required!
- This is a great recipe for using up leftover veggies or sneaking in some extras. Add some cauliflower rice to stretch the meal even further.
- Double up the recipe for meal prep, it reheats perfectly for protein-packed dinners and lunches all week.
Ingredients for Egg Roll in a Bowl
Ground Meat – I use ground pork, ground turkey, chicken, or ground beef depending on what I have on hand! For a vegetarian version, try scrambled eggs or tofu.
Vegetables – Making egg roll in a bowl with coleslaw mix makes it extra quick and easy. You can shred your own cabbage if you’d like or use broccoli slaw. Stir in other veggies like shredded carrots or cauliflower rice if you’d like.
Seasoning – Fresh minced garlic and ginger add flavor. If you don’t have minced garlic, use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in place. I use low sodium soy sauce which can be replaced with coconut aminos or tamari.
How to Make an Egg Roll in a Bowl
This one-pan stir fry is fast and healthy; it’ll be on rotation all year long!
- Brown ground meat and drain fat per the recipe below.
- Add the whites of the green onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw mix and saute until slaw is tender.
- Mix in soy sauce and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds, and serve hot.
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stovetop.
Freeze portions in a zippered bag for up to 3 months and thaw in the refrigerator.
Did you enjoy this Egg Roll in a Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a healthy, delicious, and fast meal with the flavors of our fave egg rolls in a simplified bowl.
In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground pork or chicken while breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain any fat.
Add the whites of the green onions, grated ginger, minced garlic, and coleslaw mix. Cook the mixture until the coleslaw becomes tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for 1 minute more.
Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro, greens of green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Chopped mushrooms, bean sprouts, chopped water chestnuts
- Sriracha or red pepper flakes to taste
- Nuts like cashews or crushed peanuts
Calories: 353 | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.